Developing novel drugs to treat inflammation
About the Company
Arch Biopartners is a late-stage clinical trial company focused on preventing inflammation and acute organ injury.
Arch is developing new drugs, led by LSALT Peptide (Metablok), that:
- inhibit inflammation in the lungs, liver, and kidneys via the dipeptidase-1 (DPEP1) pathway and,
- are relevant for multiple indications where organ inflammation is an unmet problem with no effective treatments in the market today.
About LSALT Peptide
The pandemic accelerated LSALT Peptide drug development and has shortened the company’s path toward drug approval and commercialization.
- LSALT Peptide is the first novel therapeutic to join the ongoing Canadian Treatments for COVID-19 (CATCO) Phase III trial
- In 2020 and 2021, Arch completed a Phase II Trial to investigate LSALT Peptide’s efficacy in the prevention of multiple organ injuries in patients with COVID-19 with patient dosing in the United States, Canada and Turkey.
- Arch scientists’ 2019 publication in the journal Cell, and subsequent research and development has identified the enzyme dipeptidase-1 (DPEP1) as a major neutrophil (white blood cell) adhesion receptor in the lungs, kidneys and liver. The same, ongoing work also established DPEP1 to be the target of LSALT Peptide, the Company’s lead drug candidate targeting inflammation in the lungs and kidneys.
Arch works closely with the scientific community, universities and research institutions to advance and build the value of select medical innovations, develop the most promising intellectual property, and create value for its investors.
An experienced group of scientists with an executive, board and advisors bringing deep scientific, pharmaceutical, biotechnology and corporate financial experience.
Science and Research
- Current work on LSALT Peptide (Metablok) is directed by Arch’s larger Treatments for Inflammation Team, led by Dr. Daniel Muruve Ph. D. (Arch Biopartners CSO), Dr. Justin Macdonald Ph. D., Dr. Paul Beck and Dr. Arthur Lau Ph. D (Arch Biopartners Project Director) who are primarily based at the University of Calgary.
- The DPEP1 Inflammation Pathway and LSALT Peptide were discovered by the Metablok team – Dr. Stephen Robbins Ph. D., Dr. Donna Senger Ph. D. and Jennifer Rahn B Sc., M Sc. at the University of Calgary.
The Arch science team also includes:
- Dr. Randall Irvin Ph. D., Dr. Dongyang Li Ph. D. and Dr. Elisabeth Davis Ph. D. at the University of Alberta, whose work on the BORG Peptide is not currently under commercial development.
Executive, Board of Directors and Advisors
- Executives and Founders, CEO Richard Muruve, CSO Dr. Daniel Muruve Ph. D. and CFO Andrew Bishop form the management team
- Board of Directors, includes a group of key directors and strategic advisors
Find key information at the Investor Hub and please subscribe for the latest Investor News and Science alerts as treatments and technologies are developed and advanced.
- Stock Performance – Information about ARCH.V and ACHFF and historical and current price data (delayed)
- Video, Media and Press Releases – All the company’s news releases, material disclosures and alerts are provided with a complete archive for browsing and research
- Reports and Filings – Management’s Discussion and Analysis, Management’s Information Circulars, Financials and other SEDAR filings are available for download
- Investor Information – Auditor, Transfer Agent, Investor Relations Contact information