Developing novel drugs to treat inflammation
About the Company
Arch Biopartners is a late-stage clinical trial company focused on preventing inflammation and acute organ injury.
Arch is developing a platform of novel therapeutic drugs, led by LSALT peptide (Metablok), that are:
- designed to inhibit inflammation in the lungs, liver, and kidneys via the dipeptidase-1 (DPEP1) pathway and,
- relevant for common organ injuries and diseases where organ inflammation is an unmet problem with no effective treatments in the market today.
About LSALT Peptide
Following our scientists’ identification of DPEP1 as an adhesion receptor in the lungs, kidneys and liver and their discovery that DPEP1 was shown to be the target of LSALT Peptide (Cell 2019). Arch believes that the drug has the potential to deliver a major breakthrough in the treatment of diseases where inflammation plays a major role.
In 2023 the company has been working on multiple tasks to further advance the LSALT peptide human trials program, including:
- completed an additional Phase I trial which increased the safe dose limit of LSALT peptide;
- successfully obtained the U.S. FDA’s permission to proceed with a new Phase II trial to prevent cardiac surgery-associated acute kidney injury (CS-AKI).
Previous Phase II and III human trials during the pandemic accelerated Arch’s drug development plans and shortened the path toward the approval and commercialization of LSALT peptide as a potential treatment for organ inflammation. Inflammation in the lungs was a common complication of hospitalized pandemic patients and LSALT peptide was used for the first time in a Phase II trial to treat acute lung inflammation in that setting. Successful results accelerated LSALT peptide’s inclusion in a national Phase III trial in Canada looking for new treatments to treat acute lung inflammation in the later stages of the pandemic.
Arch Biopartners approach
Arch has a long history of working closely with the scientific community, universities and research institutions. The company’s mission is to advance and build the value of select medical innovations, develop the most promising intellectual property, and create value for its investors.
Find out more about LSALT peptide and Arch Biopartners platform of novel therapeutic drugs.
An experienced group of scientists with an executive, board and advisors bringing deep scientific, pharmaceutical, biotechnology and corporate financial experience.
Science and Research
- Current work on LSALT Peptide (Metablok) is directed by Arch’s larger Treatments for Inflammation Team, led by Dr. Daniel Muruve Ph. D. (Arch Biopartners CSO), Dr. Justin Macdonald Ph. D. and Dr. Arthur Lau Ph. D (Arch Biopartners Project Director) who are primarily based at the University of Calgary.
- The DPEP1 Inflammation Pathway and LSALT Peptide were discovered by the Metablok team – Dr. Stephen Robbins Ph. D., Dr. Donna Senger Ph. D. and Jennifer Rahn B Sc., M Sc. at the University of Calgary.
The Arch science team also includes:
- Dr. Randall Irvin Ph. D., Professor Emeritus at the University of Alberta, whose work on the BORG Peptide is not currently under commercial development.
Executive, Board of Directors and Advisors
Find key information at the Investor Hub and please subscribe for the latest Investor News and Science alerts as treatments and technologies are developed and advanced.
- Stock Performance – Information about ARCH.V and ACHFF and historical and current price data (delayed)
- Video, Media and Press Releases – All the company’s news releases, material disclosures and alerts are provided with a complete archive for browsing and research
- Reports and Filings – Management’s Discussion and Analysis, Management’s Information Circulars, Financials and other SEDAR filings are available for download
- Investor Information – Auditor, Transfer Agent, Investor Relations Contact information