Treating organ inflammation
LSALT peptide (Metablok) is designed to target acute organ inflammation in the lungs, liver and kidneys.
Get stock information, press releases, financials and management’s discussion and analysis.
Arch Biopartners Science
Learn about the company’s medical trials, clinical research and journal publications.
Find out why Arch is distinct – our approach, and the team behind our science.
Developing drugs to prevent inflammation and organ injury
Arch Biopartners is a late-stage clinical trial company focused on preventing inflammation and organ injury.
Organ inflammation is a frequent result of common injuries and diseases and presents an unmet need with no effective treatments in the market today.
Arch has built a novel, therapeutic drug platform of new candidates led by LSALT peptide, developed to inhibit inflammation in the lungs, liver, and kidneys via the dipeptidase-1 (DPEP1) pathway.
Arch Biopartners Approach
The company has a long history of working closely with the scientific community, universities and research institutions. Arch Biopartners mission is to advance and build the value of select therapeutic innovations, develop the most promising intellectual property, and create value for its investors.
Find out more about the Company, our focus and the fundamentals that make Arch unique.
Arch Biopartners Submits Application to the Turkish Ministry of Health to Conduct a Phase II Cardiac Surgery Associated-Acute Kidney Injury Trial for LSALT Peptide
Find out about the company’s recent advancements, new patents, corporate filings, information for investors and all progress updates on active clinical trials.
- Browse all of the company’s material news releases.
- Read the latest releases when they are published here or via email by subscribing to email alerts and news.
Arch Biopartners key stock indicators.
The Stock Performance page displays current and historical data for both of the Arch Biopartners symbols on the TSX Venture Exchange in Canada and the OTCQB Venture Exchange in the USA.
Please be sure to subscribe for email updates when the company issues news releases and to receive announcements of new scientific data and company events and presentations.
The company’s reports and filings include current filings and an archive for investors and the public to use for research and review:
- Management Discussion and Analysis (MD&A)
- Quarterly and Year-End Financial Statements
- Forms of Proxy, Management Information Circulars (MIC) and Voter Instruction Forms,
- Material Change Reports
- Other SEDAR filings and certifications
View the complete Arch Biopartners Inc. filings archives at the SEDAR website here .
Developing select technologies
Arch Biopartners key technologies, scientists, publications and ongoing trials.
LSALT Peptide (Metablok), is the company’s lead drug candidate targeting organ inflammation in the lungs, liver and kidneys.
LSALT peptide trials and development
In 2023, the company produced new human safety and efficacy data in a Phase I dose escalation study and announced that it has received FDA permission to proceed with a new Phase II human trial targeting organ inflammation in other applications such as cardiac surgery-associated kidney injury (CS-AKI).
- June 2023, FDA permission to proceed with a new Phase II trial targeting CS-AKI.
- April 2023, successful completion of a Phase I dose escalation trial.
Previous Phase II and III trials during the pandemic accelerated Arch’s drug development plans and shortened the path toward the approval and commercialization of LSALT peptide. Inflammation in the lungs was a common complication of hospitalized pandemic patients and LSALT peptide was used for the first time in a Phase II trial to treat acute lung inflammation in that setting. Successful results accelerated LSALT peptide’s inclusion in a national Phase III trial in Canada looking for new treatments to treat acute lung inflammation in the later stages of the pandemic.
An experienced group of scientists working together to develop the Arch science platforms.
Science and Research Teams
- Current work on LSALT Peptide is directed by Arch’s larger Treatments for Inflammation Team, led by Dr. Daniel Muruve Ph. D. (Arch Biopartners CSO), Dr. Justin Macdonald Ph. D., and Dr. Arthur Lau Ph. D (Arch Biopartners Project Director), who are primarily based at the University of Calgary.
- The DPEP1 Inflammation Pathway and LSALT Peptide (Metablok) were discovered by the Metablok team – Dr. Stephen Robbins Ph. D., Dr. Donna Senger Ph. D., Jennifer Rahn B Sc., M Sc. and their colleague Dr. Paul Kubes at the University of Calgary.
The Arch science team also includes:
The Arch Biopartners Science Teams have all participated and authored key papers and journal publications as a core part of their ongoing scientific research, discoveries and development.
- Treatments for Inflammation publications surrounding the development of LSALT Peptide (Metablok) as a treatment for inflammation with broad application to prevent organ and tissue injury
- AB569 publications describing AB569 as a novel bactericidal treatment for treatment resistant bacteria and Respiratory Pseudomonas
- BORG Peptide publications discussing a peptide-based biological coating for enhanced corrosion resistance, strength and control of adhesion of bacteria and microbes.
- Brain Tumor Stem Cell Targeting publications describe the development of a peptide-based delivery platform for targeting malignant brain tumors